Saturday, November 28

#8: Weight Loss?

We all want to be healthy right? Eat right, exercise, all that jazz. Well, with the media being a large part of the world's view on looks like being thin and slender, it's quite hard for many to grasp the idea that it shouldn't be rushed to lose weight. There are also lots of different ways that people do to get to their goal weight the fastest way possible...
From using pills, over exercising, eating less (some times not at all), or even "waist training" where women wear corsets to reduce their waist lines, then gradually shrinking the size of the corset.
Here's a little clip on the dangers of this waist training fad from Freelee:


It's horrifying ain't it.. Seeing, let alone just knowing that there's people out there that are willing to do such lengths merely for a small waist. As said by Freelee in the video, "Why would you do that to yourself?! Why!?" I hear ya, Freelee! Sadly, I don't know why either. She does continue to explain why it's dangerous to do such a thing to your body. It's quick (maybe not as quick as other forms, but still extremely unhealthy). As well as having the organs inside the body being moved due to the small space to keep them in their proper place; in turn, restricting their eating.
Modern medicine proves that wearing waist trainers can cause health problems from nerve pain to digestive problems and high blood pressure.
(c)
In general, having corsets squeezing one's body to fulfill that much precious hour glass figure, is not worth it! It does much more than just that. Again, as mentioned in the video, it weakens the ab muscles so if a person does take it off - especially those that have such an alarming waist size - can't hold themselves up anymore. Along with many other issues that contribute from it next to re-positioning the organs: curved ribs which ultimately crushes the lungs. Example in the video shows a woman having difficulty speaking, that of which been caused from her lungs being compressed for a number of years.

Now, I could probably go on about the dangers with this new throwback style from centuries ago, but there's a clear reason, even with these minor details given, as to why it's not popular anymore.

If you have any thoughts on the concept, please, feel free to leave them in the comments!
Until next time~

3 comments:

  1. I know this is crazy but have you see that women who removed like 6 ribs just to look like Jessica Rabbit a cartoon character. Then the human barbie, is just as bad. I am a big girl and always will be but I make sure I am fit bit not fat big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard about the Jessica Rabbit story, but I have seen stuff on the "Real Life Barbie". Dude! There's even a "Ken" which is quite shocking too! You're not alone in being "big" and healthy ^^

      Delete
  2. This is crazy! How can anyone do that to their body! But then again, its the media that triggers women to do this sort of thing. We are all beautiful the way we are!

    ReplyDelete