Babble, gribble, dribble, and spit - that fairly sums up an infants way of speech right?
At least to me it does.
Recently, I had some family come over for this weekend, one of them being my one and half year old niece. I've gotten the chance to spend an entire day with such a child, just starting to pick up on some words, both English and Bosnian, but still most of the time speaking some sort of gibberish when it comes to "explaining" herself.

What exactly is happening during this moment of though when a child at this age is trying to speak?
From my assumption, it's the child starting to pick up on the sounds of others talking around them, such as its parents, other family members, or older people they come across. By that, the child is starting to "practice" how to speak once it comes time to creating sentences once getting to know more words as months go by.
Kids Health states that, "[To utilize a] baby's own "talking" to have a "conversation." If [a parent hears their] baby make a sound, repeat it and wait for him or her to make another. [The parent is] teaching [the] baby valuable lessons about tone, pacing, and taking turns when talking to someone else."
Based on that alone, I feel my assumption is fairly accurate.
Most of an infant's speech development is mostly based on sound, and progressively produce simple words or names.
I suppose, overall, when it comes to babies making jibber-jabber about whatever it is, I believe it's a mother intuition on possibly knowing what their child is speaking about as mentioned earlier, to create "conversation" for the child to feel comfortable as they get older.
Based on that alone, I feel my assumption is fairly accurate.
Most of an infant's speech development is mostly based on sound, and progressively produce simple words or names.
![]() |
| (c) |
Any thoughts? Leave them below~
愛

I refused to talk to my children like babies and they caught on to the english language very quickly. When my step daughter came in to my life at 1year she did not speak then I not saying forced it but I made sure I would get her to talk and use the right words to get her point across. Today she has a problem when she goes to grandma's because I can not get that women to stop talking like a baby to any of my kids I have a 9,8 and 4 year old why is she stuck in the baby talking stupidity I really want to show her it is her fault they have speech problems.
ReplyDeleteMedi--Pretty good job with your new entries. You have interesting topics and points, and you are developing those points well. Good analysis and engagement. Keep at it.
ReplyDelete